PureChaos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[GUIDE] Avoid Being Hacked | J4mie

+2
Blaze
J4mie
6 posters

Go down

[GUIDE] Avoid Being Hacked | J4mie Empty [GUIDE] Avoid Being Hacked | J4mie

Post  J4mie Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:19 pm

Hey guys J4mie here!
Today I am making a guide on how to avoid being hacked on Runescape/RSPS and if you can take the steps into general consideration then you're well on your way to staying safe and hack free!

The term 'Hacked' means someone else gaining unauthorized access to your computer/account creating problems one way or another.

How do you prevent being 'Hacked'?

Beginner - DO NOT, I repeat DO NOT download any type of 'Money Generator' or 'Hack' for any particular game, Just because there is a Youtube video that looks legit definitely does not mean it is.
The video is set up to reel you in like a fish, The video is bait, in this situation you are the fish.
These links usually require you to download a certain file which may contain a RAT or a Key-logger.
A RAT is a Remote Access Trojan. RATs are malicious programs that run invisibly on your PC and grant access to the 'Hacker' or in this case 'RATer'

What can a RAT actually do to my computer?

Once a RATer has successfully is installed his Trojan to your computer he then has complete control of your PC. a RAT is designed specifically for stealth installation and operation meaning RATs can delete and modify the users files, format hard disks, upload and download the users files, harass users such as turning on the users webcam and or microphone, opening a chat window up or in most cases gaining access to every username and password the user types. RATs can also drop off other Malware which wouldn't be necessary but they can do ANYTHING with your PC.
a RAT is basically a client that lets you view the users Desktop in REAL TIME, so if your watching naughty things, the RATer will know about it.
Obviously it is highly recommended you DO NOT get a RAT on your computer because it takes somebody with a lot of experience and time to figure out where the RAT is located for it to then be removed.
A RATer can also delete the computers 'System32' which will basically deem the computer useless and it won't even switch on.
RATs are clever in ways such as they can be 'Masked' in the Task Manager window.
Common RAT 'Masks' would be 'Winlogon.exe', EVERY computer will have this at the bottom of their processes tab on the task manager, Commonly RATs are masked as 'Winlogon.exe' which will mean there will be 2 of those processes running. That is when you know you have a RAT on your computer.
WHAT EVER YOU DO, DO NOT END THE PROCESS AS YOU DON'T KNOW WHICH ONE IS THE VIRUS AND WHICH ONE IS THE LEGIT PROCESS!

How to get rid of RATs:

Download Malewarebytes Anti-Malware and perform the full scan which will take a while, depending on how much you have on your PC.

After it has done it will give you a list of Malicious files on your PC (if any) and gives you the option to remove them. Sometimes things such as Skype and other programs that are virus free come up in the list but don't worry, if you are certain that the program has no virus such as is Skype pops into your list it is fine and virus free. IF you do have a virus there will be things on the list what you don't even know what they are. Remove the straight away.

You can also:

Download CCleaner and follow the same steps as Malwarebytes.

Intermediate - Watch out for emails about a certain account having 'Broken the rules' and it requires you to go to the link and log into your account to review said rule brake.
NOTE: clicking this link isn't harmful, it is a key-logged website which will take whatever you type in the username-password section and put it to a database for the 'Hacker/s' to simply log into your account and take your items.
This will not give you a virus, so if this has happened to you before do not worry, you are NOT infected.

Expert - There are such things called JDBs which stands for Java Drive-By which basically is a RAT hidden under a Java applet.
This is what JDBs look like:
[GUIDE] Avoid Being Hacked | J4mie 9bb16812

(Purechaos webclient IS NOT a JDB, I am simply using the webclient for educational purposes only.)

Basically if you hit 'RUN' on a JDB it will then run a 'Javaw.exe' process on your task manager which has a Back-door Trojan inside.
simply end all Java tasks on your task manager if you have suspicion of being JDBed and run a full scan using either one of the programs I provided as they are free to use and THE best programs out there.

But wait, there is ways of getting around the user having to click run to have them install the virus, A Silent Java Drive-by!
a Silent Java Drive-by is pretty much the same as a normal Drive-by but it DOES NOT require the user to click run.
a Silent Java Drive-by can be prevented by always having your Java updated to the latest version.
The chances of you ever getting infected by a Silent Java Drive-by with a updated Java is very slim.

The best thing you can use if you do not fully trust a site is to download sandboxie which is a professional program (what all MAC computers already have rooted into their system) and then run your browser into the Sandboxie. If you happen to come across a Java Drive-by the trojan will get executed into the Sandboxie thus not harming your PC.
Silent Java Drive-bys are THE hardest things to stay wary of but not to worry, they are most commonly attached to random picture links and they are easy to pick out.
such as this,

For example:

a SJDB link would consist of a random '.' mid word ect, tin.ypic.com/images or something along those lines.

it is EXTREMELY easy to pick out obvious links that are virus ridden.
MAKE SURE YOU ALWAYS REVIEW THE LINK before opening anything, you never know, it could save your computer.

Downloads:
CCleaner: https://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download
Malewarebytes: http://www.malwarebytes.org/

Hope you enjoyed my in-depth guide on how to stay safe and prevent being hacked!
I would appreciate some feed back down below Smile
thanks and stay safe!
- J4mie

Last edited by J4mie on Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:59 am; edited 2 times in total
J4mie
J4mie

Back to top Go down

[GUIDE] Avoid Being Hacked | J4mie Empty Re: [GUIDE] Avoid Being Hacked | J4mie

Post  Blaze Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:32 pm

Thanks for your nice written guide, I just wanted to add that a Silent Java Drive-by can be prevented by always having your Java updated to the latest version.

If a 0day Java exploit gets found for a Silent Java Drive-by its normally fixed within a week so the chance of you ever getting infected by a Silent Java Drive-by with a updated Java is very slim.

The best thing you can use if you do not fully trust a site is to download a sandboxie (http://www.sandboxie.com/) and then run your browser into the Sandboxie. If you happen to come across a Java Drive-by the trojan would get executed into the Sandboxie thus not harming your PC.

Blaze
Master

Back to top Go down

Post  J4mie Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:23 am

Blaze wrote:Thanks for your nice written guide, I just wanted to add that a Silent Java Drive-by can be prevented by always having your Java updated to the latest version.

If a 0day Java exploit gets found for a Silent Java Drive-by its normally fixed within a week so the chance of you ever getting infected by a Silent Java Drive-by with a updated Java is very slim.

The best thing you can use if you do not fully trust a site is to download a sandboxie and then run your browser into the Sandboxie. If you happen to come across a Java Drive-by the trojan would get executed into the Sandboxie thus not harming your PC.
thanks, took me about an hour and a half to write, I'll be sure to add that into my guide.
- J4mie
J4mie
J4mie

Back to top Go down

Post  C A P S Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:16 am

Very useful info & respect to you for making that. Smile
C A P S
C A P S
Master

Back to top Go down

Post  J4mie Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:57 am

C A P S wrote:Very useful info & respect to you for making that. Smile
thank you kind sir. I will be grateful for this to get stickied Smile
J4mie
J4mie

Back to top Go down

[GUIDE] Avoid Being Hacked | J4mie Empty

Post  gup Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:51 pm

For some reason you seem to be a very helpful person to this server
gup
gup

Back to top Go down

Post  J4mie Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:27 pm

gup wrote:For some reason you seem to be a very helpful person to this server
not sure what you mean by 'for some reason' but haha thanks.
J4mie
J4mie

Back to top Go down

[GUIDE] Avoid Being Hacked | J4mie Empty amazing

Post  vlogickz Thu Nov 28, 2013 9:11 am

very good post jamie keeping people in the community safe and preventing them from computer halm.Very Happy 
vlogickz
vlogickz

Back to top Go down

Post  J4mie Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:56 am

vlogickz wrote:very good post jamie keeping people in the community safe and preventing them from computer halm.Very Happy 
haha thanks logickz! would like to request this to be stickied since i my self can't do it :S
J4mie
J4mie

Back to top Go down

Post  Anonymous. Sat Dec 21, 2013 8:20 am

Very nice guide J4mie, I am sure this will help protect the well-being of players here at Purechaos, props to you man.
Anonymous.
Anonymous.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down